Warrant of Fitness vehicle Inspections
There’s only one thing worse than driving around in your car knowing the WOF is due – getting a ticket! We make it easier to keep your car warranted; we can do the checks while you wait, drop you off and pick you up from work or even provide a loan vehicle, we will even remind you when your next WOF is due.
Replacement parts and tyres for your vehicle
If your tyres are worn, or any parts need replacing on your vehicle to pass the WOF, we can provide them at a competitive price and install them on your vehicle. You will always be contacted before parts are replaced, or any extra work is done.
Thorough and honest
Your vehicle will be checked thoroughly, but you can rest assured that no unnecessary work will be undertaken.
Students and Gold card holder discounted rates are available.
Regular servicing to keep your vehicle in top shape...
An ounce of prevention is worth a trip to My Auto Tech. Prevent big repairs by paying a little attention to proper maintenance. Preventive maintenance can:
- Improve fuel economy
- Help your vehicle deliver peak performance at any age
- Find minor problems early to avoid major malfunctions later
- Reveal cracks, frays, leaks and bulges in belts and hoses
- Insure that all fluids are checked, changed and filled to recommended levels
- Help your vehicle last longer
- Keep your vehicle running safer
From changing a lightbulb to a full system analysis
Click. Vrr-vrr. Silence. Not what you want to hear when you’re on your way somewhere. Get your electrical problem fixed fast at My Auto Tech Manurewa, South Auckland.
- Engine Check Light on?
- You vehicle starts slowly or takes several tries to start?
- Vehicle makes a terrible sound when trying to start and then doesn’t start?
- Cold or wet weather affects your vehicle’s ability to start?
- Does your vehicle need to be jump started?
- Is your battery weak?
- Your ABS light is on?
- SRS check light is on?
Any of these conditions may indicate the need for auto electrical service or repairs to your vehicle.
An electrical problem could be caused by a number of things, and My Auto Tech’s technicians likely know the problem right away and provide a quote for repair. Otherwise, we can use our computer scan equipment to detect the issue and print a detailed analysis for repairs needed.
No one helps you keep your cool like My Auto Tech. Whether it’s routine maintenance or something more, we will make sure you’re riding in comfort mile after mile.
A/C system symptoms & warning signs
- High fuel consumption when AC is on
- A/C system doesn’t cool vehicle to set temperature
- Fan/blower does not work when set in A/C mode
- Fan/blower is louder than usual
- Some or all of the dash controls do not work
- Heater, top and side vents, or defroster do not work
- A/C or engine makes loud noises when the heat or A/C is turned on
- Vehicle stalls or idles roughly when A/C is turned on
- Vehicle runs hot or overheats when A/C is on
- There is water on the car’s floor
- Electric engine cooling fan quickly cycles on and off
- Unusual odours come from interior vents
- A/C unit has not been serviced regularly
- Windows fog when defroster is turned on
Our technicians will perform a complete system evaluation to properly diagnose your problem.
- Pressure readings
- Leak test
- Component performance and visual inspection
- Check belts, hoses and connections
- Test outlet temperature
When something is wrong with your vehicle’s A/C system, our technicians are standing by to make it right. From Water Pumps, Heater Cores, Radiators, Head Gaskets, & Thermostats, My Auto Tech does it all.
A transmission flush for improved performance...
Whether its time for routine service or repair, My Auto Tech is equipped and staffed to handle anything on the road, from old to late model vehicles including high performance European cars, SUVs and 4x4s.
We can help you with all of your transmission and driveline service and repair needs.
Symptoms of a dirty transmission
- Rough Shifting Abrupt or hard shifting between gears is the most common sign of transmission problems.
- Fluid Dark or dirty transmission fluid is another key to potential transmission problems, but it doesn’t necessarily signal imminent doom.
- Leaks Wet spots and puddles beneath your vehicle deserve immediate attention. Running your vehicle with low or no transmission fluid is a sure way to end up with a new transmission
- Heavy knocking sound or grinding when shifting gears is another indication of problems.
- Slippage “Slippage” is when the engine speeds up but the vehicle doesn’t respond accordingly. It is a sign of a failing transmission.
- Missed Shifts A delayed or missing response when shifting gears is a sure sign that your transmission has failed or is failing.
Over 90% of all Automatic Transmission failures are due to overheating and fluid contamination.
Your transmission needs a complete flush and fluid change for optimum performance.
My Auto Tech transmission service:
- Removes 95% of the used contaminated fluid.
- No more rough or hard shifting problems
My Auto Tech’s transmission service equipment carries multiple patents and is approved by major motor vehicle manufacturers.
Our technicians are highly skilled in computer analysis...
Today’s cars are complex machines. More like spacecraft, high skill levels and specific expertise are required to repair and maintain late model vehicles. Expert knowledge of mechanical and electronic systems is mandatory. Mechanics must be versed in electronic computer control systems as much as mechanical systems.
At My Auto Tech Manurewa, South Auckland, our automotive mechanic technicians maintain this high level of skill.
Electronic computer diagnostics
We are equipped with the latest electronic and mechanical service tools required to read and analyze data in order to locate the source of problems which would otherwise be even more difficult to find.
Locating the source of the problem is the first step in the repair. Once a fault is verified, the problem can be repaired or the part replaced.
Latest technical information
Up-to-date technical information is essential in properly testing electronic devices. The specifications of these electronic devices, such as sensors and actuators, are needed to accurately measure electrical signals to and from each unit. Only through proper measurement can we determine whether a unit is doing its job or causing problems.
If your company uses a fleet of vehicles keeping them on the road is what we do...
Fleet maintenance made easy
Nobody understands your need for fast and accurate service better than My Auto Tech. We give you…
- State-of-the-art technology
- Certified technicians
- One-stop-shop complete vehicle care services
- Convenient hours – so your vehicles can be up and running when you need them the most
- Great prices
- Fantastic service
- Guaranteed satisfaction
Minor touch-ups and repairs for your vehicle to keep it looking as good as it runs
In true automotive mechanic one-stop-shop style we offer the added service of minor touch up repairs here at our Manurewa, South Auckland premises.
We can help with:
- Bumpers – Dent Repairs, bump repairs, scrapes, scratches, small splits and holes, peeling & flaking paint
- Minor dents & scrapes to damage on doors, guards, key/coin scratches, shopping trolley & car park panel damage.
- Oxidised paint on window trims, wiper arms, side moldings etc.
At My Auto Tech, we have Three types of services that we created and Adjusted to suit clients demands and budgets. As to Motor Trade Association MTA standards:
- My Auto Tech Bronze Service:
Change oil and filter.
Starts from $89 for most common Japanese vehicles, Conditions apply depending on quality oil that vehicle needs and filter prices.
- My Auto Tech Silver Service 86 points check as below:
Start from $169 conditions Apply for some Vehicles
- Change oil and filter.
- Top Up All Fluids.
- Water levels and add new antifreeze.
- Check and gauge all tyres.
- Inspect and Clean Air Filter.
- Carburettor, Fuel Injection Control.
- Washer system check, water and windshield cleaner refill.
- Check Fan belts.
- Check Idler pulleys.
- Check AC/Heater/Radiator Hoses.
- Check Radiator.
- Check Cooling system for obvious leak.
- Check Transmission Oil Condition.
- Check Transmission oil level and top up if needed.
- Check Water pump.
- Check (Charge/rate) Volts.
- Check Alternator/Generator.
- Check Battery Clamp Carrier.
- Check Battery terminals.
- Check Cam belt.
- Check Engine mounts.
- Check Engine noise level.
- Check Fuel Lines.
- Check Fuel Pump.
- Check Ignition system.
- Check Oil Fumes.
- Check Oil Leaks.
- Check Starter Motor.
- Check Turbo.
- Check Wiring.
- Check and gauge all tyres.
- Check tires conditions and sizes.
- Check spear wheel
- Front/Rear Suspension and Under Car.
- Check Ball Joints.
- Check Idler Assembly.
- Check Pivots.
- Check Power Steering.
- Check Steering Rod Ends.
- Check Shock Absorbers/Plates.
- Check Struts.
- Check Spring/Sway Bar & Rubbers.
- Check Steering Box/Rack & Pinion.
- Check Suspension Mount.
- Check 5 Tyres-sizes and types.
- Check Wheels.
- Check Wheel Alignment (visual only).
- Check Bushes.
- Check Wheel Bearings.
- Check Driveshafts.
- Check CV Boots.
- Check Universals & Centre Bearing.
- Check Oil Leaks.
- Check Mufflers.
- Check Exhaust.
- Check Other.
- Check Disc Pads Front.
- Check Disc Pads Rear.
- Check Front Rotor Thickness.
- Check Rear Rotor Thickness.
- Check Callipers.
- Check Drums.
- Check Brake Hoses.
- Check Hand Brakes.
- Check Hydraulic System.
- Check Mechanical Linkages.
- Check Pedal Reserve.
- Check Pedal Surface.
- Check Wheel Cylinders.
- Check Fluid Condition.
- Check ABS Operation.
- Check Auto Change Pattern.
- Brake Vibration.
- Check Driveline noise.
- Check Gear Box Operation.
- Check Steering Operation.
- Check Select Indicator position.
- Check Vibrations.
- Check Wheel Bearing Noise.
- Check Clutch Operation.
- Check Transfer Case.
- Check C.V. Joints.
- Check Cruise Control.
- Check Ease of Starting.
- Check External Fuel Leak.
- Check Glow Plug Operations.
- Check Exhaust Smoke.
- Check Operation.
- Check Tank Date.
- Check Visual Inspection.
My Auto Tech Gold Service, over 90 points Check as below
Starts from $220 Conditions Apply to some vehicles
- Change spark plugs
- Check Coil
- Check leads resistors and clean contacts.
- Check Distributor or coils and Clean contacts.
- Change oil and filter.
- Top Up All Fluids.
- Water levels and add new antifreeze
- Check and gauge all tyres
- Clean Air Filter and replace if needed
- Carburettor? Fuel Injection Control
- Fan belts
- Idler pulleys
- AC/Heater/Radiator Hoses
- Cooling system
- Transmission oil Condition
- Transmission oil level
- Water pump
- (Charge/rate) Volts
- Battery Clamp Carrier
- Battery terminals
- Engine mounts
- Engine noise level
- Fuel Lines
- Fuel Pump
- Ignition system
- Oil Fumes
- Oil Leaks
- Starter Motor
- Check and gauge all tyres
- Check tires conditions and sizes
- Check spear wheel
- Front/Rear Suspension and Under Car
- Ball Joints
- Idler Assembly
- Power Steering
- Rod Ends
- Shock Absorbers/Plates
- Spring/Sway Bar & Rubbers
- Steering Box/Rack & Pinion
- Suspension Mount.
- 5 Tyres-sizes and types
- Wheel Alignment (visual only)
- Wheel Bearings
- CV Boots
- Universals & Centre Bearing
- Oil Leaks
- Disc Pads Front
- Disc Pads Rear
- Front Rotor Thickness
- Rear Rotor Thickness
- Brake Hoses
- Hand Brakes
- Hydraulic System
- Mechanical Linkages
- Pedal Reserve
- Pedal Surface
- Wheel Cylinders
- Fluid Condition
- ABS Operation
- Auto Change Pattern
- Brake Vibration
- Driveline noise
- Gear Box Operation
- Steering Operation
- Select Indicator position
- Wheel Bearing Noise
- Clutch Operation
- Transfer Case
- C.V. Joints
- Cruise Control
- Ease of Starting
- External Fuel Leak
- Glow Plug Operations
- Exhaust Smoke
- Tank Date
- Visual Inspection
Tyre supply and wheel service requirements
My Auto Tech offer a wide selection of tyres, both new and used, available in all sizes and needs. We also offer wheel balancing, to improve the quality of your drive.
A flat tyre normally occurs when something has pierced the tyre. If the damage is minor, it can usually be repaired. In cases where the sidewall or shoulder of the tyre is damaged, the tyre will need to be replaced.
Make sure your vehicle is in line with a wheel alignment from My Auto Tech. If your vehicle feels unstable, a proper wheel alignment can improve driver safety, create a smoother ride and increase fuel efficiency.
Tyre alignment and out-of-balance warning signs
- Your vehicle pulls to right or left when driving
- Your steering wheel is not straight while driving on a level road
- There is vibration in the steering wheel or through your seat*
- Your tires are wearing unevenly or squeal on turns
- Your steering feels unstable
*An out-of-balance tyre and wheel will typically create a vibration or shake that becomes progressively worse as the vehicle’s speed increases. The speed at which the vibration first becomes apparent will vary depending on the size and weight of the tyres and wheels, the size and weight of the vehicle, the sensitivity of the steering and suspension, and the amount of imbalance. The vibration or shake usually starts at 70 to 80 km/h and increases in intensity as the speed increases.
Minor to major, whatever the issue, we can help
Regardless of your odometer reading, My Auto Tech can help keep your engine in original-performance condition. We perform all internal engine repairs from head gaskets and valve jobs to complete engine replacements.
Common symptoms of engine issues
A light on your dashboard is an early indicator of a potential engine problem. It’s best to get a diagnostic test from My Auto Tech as soon as the light comes on, even if you don’t have any obvious engine symptoms. Bring your vehicle to My Auto Tech as soon as possible if you’re experiencing any of the following:
- Engine runs rough while idling
- Engine pings or knocks, and the sound gets worse on acceleration
- Engine makes clicking, rattling or hammering noises
- Vehicle uses a lot more gas than it used to
- Vehicle doesn’t accelerate normally
- Dark exhaust smoke or exhaust is ‘spitting’
- Uses excessive water or oil
What’s making that sound?
Unusual sounds from the engine can be caused by any number of issues, from simple to complex, including:
- Loose, worn or broken engine parts
- Fuel or oil has entered into the air charge of the cylinders
- Malfunctioning valves or timing parts
Even if you feel something’s not quite right with your engine, suspension or steering but you’re not sure how to explain it, give My Auto Tech a call. Our technicians will ask you some questions and when you bring it in, give it a test drive to help us diagnose any issues.
Look out for our specials and offers by following our facebook page
|Service||Standard Price||Golden age and students (with ID)|
|Warrant of Fitness|
|Vehicles 6 months||$29||$26|
|Vehicles 12 months||$45||$39|
|Trailers 6 months||$25||$23|
|Trailers 12 months||$29||$27|
|Normal 2WD vehicles||$59||$49|
|4X4 vehicles, vans & Europeans||$69||$59|
|My Pre-purchase inspection|
|59 point check||$49||$45|
|59 point inc. Engine & gearbox||$99||$90|
|As above plus computer scan||$149||$135||My Bronze service|
|2000cc – 3000cc & Vans||$95||$85|
|3000cc – 4000cc & Europeans||$104||$90|
|Over 4000cc & V8s||$115||$100|
|Diesels||$115||$100||My Silver service|
|2000cc – 3000cc & Vans||$169||$155|
|3000cc – 4000cc & Europeans||$179||$160|
|Over 4000cc & V8s||$189||$170||My Gold service|
|2000cc – 3000cc & Vans||$230||$209|
|3000cc – 4000cc & Europeans||$249||$229|
|Over 4000cc & V8s||$299||$279|
|Front Brake Pads||$110||$99|
|Rear Brake Pads||$120||$105||My Transmission service|
|3000cc – 4000cc & Europeans||$209||$189|
|Over 4000cc & MHP oil||$250||$239||My Air conditioning service|
|Under 500gm freon gas added||$179||$165|
|Over 500gm freon gas added||$199||$185||My Diagnostics|
|Computer scan||$55||$49||My Tyre service|
|Used tyres||from $45|
|New tyres||from $70|